The health and safety of our guests and service providers is very important to us and this is especially so during the Covid-19 pandemic. We have assessed the new risks and have invested in equipment, materials and enhanced cleaning services to reduce the risks to all involved.
Please note that:
- these changes will remain in force while the Covid-19 pandemic persists in the UK. We are currently planning on the assumption that this will be throughout the remainder of 2020 and all of 2021;
- we reserve the right to vary these as needed. We will continue to protect our guests and service providers and so may introduce changes at anytime to improve the health and safety of all concerned;
- Where there is a conflict with our standard Terms and Conditions then these Covid-19 Revisions to Terms and Conditions supersede the standard ones.
- New Cleaning Regime
The following will be carried out for each of our cottages between guest stays:
- All rooms fogged with a mist spray and disinfectant that is effective against Covid-19 whilst being food safe;
- All pans, crockery and cutlery will be cleaned in the dishwasher;
- All bed linen will be replaced, including pillow protectors;
- New, disposable pillow protectors will be fitted to all pillows;
- All bed linen, towels, dressing gowns/robes, tea towels, dish cloths and oven gloves will be washed at 60°C;
- The whole cottage will be ventilated, weather permitting. Please note that The Byre has a ventilation system that constantly brings in fresh air and filters it on its way into the property, and extracts stale air from the property. The Byre’s ventilation filters will be changed between each guest stay).
There will now be a minimum period of 30 hours between guests; 72 hours or longer if a suspected Covid-19 infected person has been staying.
It has been necessary to remove several items from our cottages to reduce the risk of any cross-contamination. The following items have been removed until further notice:
- Some soft furnishings including scatter cushions and throws;
- Some books, games, maps, tourist information (we will supply some of the latter via email or electronic message);
- Binoculars / spotting scope;
- Condiments, herbs, spices and oils. There will now be an empty fridge and freezer policy between guests;
- Some optional kitchen items will be removed (excess crockery, cutlery, glasses, mugs and equipment such as food processor, baking trays);
We are sorry that the cottages will not have the same home-from-home feel that our returning guests expect. We will, however, return to our fully equipped state as soon as it is safe to do so.
2. New Responsibilities for Guests
In order to assist in reducing the inherent risks from Covid-19, guests will need to:
- Advise us before their stay on the beds to be used and the number of pillows required (feel free to bring your own). Unused beds will not be made up and surplus pillows will be removed;
- Prior to departure, all bed linen, towels, dressing gowns/robes, dish cloths, tea towels and oven gloves are to be removed and placed in the zipped bags provided ready for resting then laundering;
- Place all recyclable rubbish in the blue dustbin;
- Place the used disposable pillow protectors and all other landfill rubbish in provided black bin liners, tie the handles to seal the bags and place in the green dustbin;
- Please note that guests who advise prior to their stay that they will be using their own bed linen, towels, dish cloths and tea towels will receive a discount of £50.
If guests become ill or have to self-isolate then it is essential that you:
- Return home as soon as possible on becoming ill providing it is safe to do so;
- Do not enter our cottages unless you have to;
- Notify us as soon as possible of your illness and plans;
- If you have to self-isolate in our cottage then advise us when your isolation period will end; we can then plan a longer void (72 hours or more) and deep clean, notify other guests that will be impacted;
- Unfortunately, given the impact on other guests, we will have to charge self-isolating guests for the extra time that they have stayed. We will refund in full guests whose booking has to be cancelled;
- Self-isolating guests will be promptly advised of the extra charge; this will be at the then current weekly rate. Please consider taking out holiday insurance to cover this eventuality.
We are taking new bookings for holidays on the understanding that if Covid-19 restrictions persist within Scotland, or any other country in the UK that is a transit country for you, then we will allow you to re-schedule your stay with us in 2020, 2021 or 2022 without penalty. Deposits are 20% of the rental price and the remainder is now payable just 4 weeks before your stay.