The health and safety of our guests and service providers is very important to us and this is especially so during the Covid-19 pandemic. We continue to assess the risks and carry out enhanced cleaning to reduce the risks to all involved.
We are taking new bookings for holidays on the understanding that if Covid-19 restrictions are re-introduced within Scotland, or any other country in the UK that is a transit country for you, then we will allow you to re-schedule your stay with us in 2022 or 2023 without penalty or get a full refund. Deposits will be kept low, 20% of the rental price, and the remainder is payable 8 weeks before your stay.
Please note that:
- these changes will remain in force while the Covid-19 pandemic persists in the UK;
- we reserve the right to vary these as needed. We will continue to protect our guests and service providers and so may introduce changes at anytime for the health and safety of all concerned;
- Where there is a conflict with our standard Terms and Conditions then these Covid-19 Revisions to Terms and Conditions supersede the standard ones.
Responsibilities for Guests
In order to assist in reducing the inherent risks from Covid-19, guests will need to:
- Prior to departure, all bed linen, towels, dressing gowns/robes, dish cloths, tea towels and oven gloves that have been used are to be removed and placed in the zipped bags provided ready for laundering;
- Place all recyclable rubbish except glass in the blue dustbin. No plastic bags in the blue dustbin please;
- Leave all empty glass on the kitchen drainer for recycling;
- Place the landfill rubbish in provided bin liners, tie the handles to seal the bags and place in the green dustbin.
If guests become ill or have to self-isolate then it is essential that you:
- Return home as soon as possible on becoming ill providing it is safe to do so;
- Do not enter our cottages unless you have to;
- Notify us as soon as possible of your illness and plans;
- If you have to self-isolate in our cottage then advise us when your isolation period will end; we can then plan a longer void before the next guests and carry out a deep clean including fogging. It will also enable us to notify the next guests who will be impacted;
- Unfortunately, given the impact on other guests, we will have to charge self-isolating guests for the extra time that they have stayed. We will refund in full guests whose booking has to be cancelled;
- Self-isolating guests will be promptly advised of the extra charge; this will be at the then current weekly rate. Please consider taking out holiday insurance to cover this eventuality.