Terms & Conditions

Note that by booking with us you are accepting all of our Terms and Conditions so please read these thoroughly and carefully.  Our Terms and Conditions are:

The property is available for hire from any day, with arrival from 4pm.  The cottage has a minimum let of 3 nights and must be vacated by 10am on the last day of the let.  We reserve the right to make an extra charge if the property is not vacated by 10am on your day of departure.  

Bookings are made via our website.  A deposit of 25% is needed at the time of booking, with payment of the remaining 75% 8 weeks prior to your arrival.  For bookings within 8 weeks of arrival, payment in full is due when booking.  

The number of people occupying the property will not exceed 4.  There will be no children under the age of 12 unless previously agreed in writing.  Smoking is not allowed on site.  There will be no sub-letting of the property.  Our property is fitted with heat and carbon monoxide detectors for your safety. 

Well behaved dogs are most welcome.  Their owners are responsible for their pets behaviour.      

The property is supplied with pillows, duvets, bed linen, bathroom and kitchen towels. We ask that these items are not removed from the property.  Electricity, heating and a basket of logs are all included in the hire charge. 

The property is furnished to a high standard.  We ask that you treat the furniture and fittings with respect and that all breakages are reported as soon as possible so that replacements or repairs can be promptly effected.  The owners reserve the right for their representatives to enter the property to carry out inspection or repairs. We reserve the right to make additional charges for damage, breakages or extra cleaning.  Dogs are not allowed on the beds or other furniture.  

The Byre has an electric vehicle charger.  Electricity used for vehicle charging will be charged at cost plus a £10 admin fee.

We ask that the property is left in a clean and tidy condition.  

We ask that the property is left secure when left unoccupied.  No dogs are to be left unattended in the property.  All dogs are to be closely supervised around local livestock.  The hirer is to prevent any member of the party from causing a nuisance to neighbours or their livestock. 

If you have to cancel your holiday:

  • with 8 weeks or over before your arrival date, you will not be charged the remaining balance, but your deposit will not be returned;
  • between 8 and 4 weeks before your arrival date then you will be liable for 50% of the total rental price of your booking;
  • with less than 4 weeks to go, this is non-refundable and you will be liable for the full price of your booking.  

We recommend that you use holiday cancellation insurance to cover the price of your holiday should unforeseen circumstances mean that you have to cancel.

If the property is rendered unavailable due to circumstances outside the owner’s control then a full refund will be made with no further claim against the owner. 

If the property is rendered unavailable to other guests due to your activities then you will be responsible for any loss of income for the owner. 

Information on location, entry instructions and a contact number will be supplied to you by email, together with visitor information on the island, recommended places to eat and drink etc.   

The owner accepts no responsibility for loss, injury, damage or death to any member of the hirer’s party or property during their stay at the property however caused. 

We have made every effort to ensure that you enjoy your holiday and hope that everything meets your expectations.  If, however, you are in anyway dissatisfied then please contact us by email or on the telephone number provided and we will do our very best to promptly resolve the problem.