Finished in summer 2019, a new, luxury, self-catering cottage called The Byre, situated on the same site nearby to The Old Croft House. Again, this property sleeps up to 4 people, with one upstairs and one downstairs bedroom each with their own en-suite. It has been furnished to the same high standard and has been graded as 5 star accommodation, the highest possible rating, by VisitScotland. In 2022, a fast electric vehicle charger and full fibre broadband were installed.
Downstairs, there is:
- a lounge with wood burning stove, reclining settee, reclining and swivel chairs where you can relax and take in the panoramic sea view
- a large screen, smart satellite TV
- a fully fitted kitchen with hob, oven, microwave and dishwasher
- a dining area with sea view
- a large bedroom with king sized bed, cotton sheets and feather down pillows
- an en-suite with wet room digital shower, Villeroy and Boch WC and basin
- a utility with washing machine, heated dryer, vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board
The ground floor is flat and wheelchair friendly, with wide door openings.
Upstairs there is:
- a twin bedded room with window seats
- an en-suite with Villeroy & Boch bath, WC and basin
Outside there is:
- a sheltered, south facing patio area to catch the sun, overlooking pasture and towards the north end of the Trotternish Ridge
decking with sea view and seating for 4
- plenty of parking spaces and a fast 7.2kW electric vehicle charger (electricity charged at cost plus a nominal admin charge)
- gradual ramp up to the entrance door
Full, fast fibre broadband and wi-fi throughout.
All bedding, fluffy towels and dressing gowns are provided, together with complimentary toiletries. In the kitchen, foil, cling film, greaseproof paper, freezer bags, dishwasher and washing machine detergent and cupboard items are provided. Store cupboard items include herbs, spices, salad dressing, sauces, chutneys, tea, coffee and sugar.
Guest information is provided on The Byre and Our Guide to Skye, giving places to visit, eat and drink
Take in the the sea views and sunsets from The Byre (with The Old Croft House in the foreground). Each property has their own outdoor spaces and parking.
Here is a video showing the site and both The Byre and The Old Croft House
(many thanks to our guest Sven):
Book now or Enquire for more details.